Learn about Baby Sign Language from the comfort of your home!
There are 16 modules in total, covering the theory behind Baby Sign Language through to How to Teach a Sign and ending with Do’s and Don’ts. We have included our own and other parents’ experiences, along with Tips and points to avoid.
The signs included in our resources have been chosen according to how easy they are to learn for young babies. In some cases we have simplified existing signs to make them more suitable for tiny hands to master. As a result, about 80% of our signs are identical to New Zealand Sign Language signs, 75% identical to Auslan, and approximately 60% identical to American Sign Language.
- Want to experience fewer tantrums?
- Ever wondered what your baby is thinking?
- Want to help your baby talk sooner?
- Want to increase your baby’s confidence?
- Want to give your baby a headstart with learning?
Find out how with Baby Talk…
The cost of the At Home Learning is NZ$29.95 and you can start immediately. If you’re not sure whether you or your baby are ready to start signing yet, then take the Baby Talk 30 second test…
Baby Talk 30 second test
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, then your baby is ready to start.
- Does your baby try and ‘talk’ to you?
- Is your baby starting to show a greater interest in people and surroundings?
- Is your baby requesting labels for things (pointing at lots of objects)?
- Is your baby starting to pay more attention to books?
- Can your baby wave goodbye or clap their hands?